Here’s what’s happening in our neck of the woods:
- The New York Times reports that California will be the first state to pass a ‘Yes means yes’ bill, Feministing explains why affirmative consent should be the standard.
- Awesome feminist and media critic Anita Sarkeesian continues to point out the culture of sexism in video games (YouTube vid). Of course, she’s met with death and rape threats.
- Lifetime promises to bring out the strong black woman in white women.
- Al Sharpton delivered the eulogy at Michael Brown’s funeral and Brittany Cooper explains why it’s time for Sharpton to move aside for new black leadership.
- Thirteen people were arrested outside of Senator Cory Booker’s Newark office for protesting the United State’s role in the Palestine-Israel conflict.
- Some of the biggest names in Hip Hop release a song entitled Dont’ Shoot.
- Over 100 people were arrested outside the White House as protesters sought relief for undocumented immigrants.