The moment you’ve all been waiting for. Time to round ’em up!
- Sara Matthiesen over at Jacobin writes about the challenges of being a graduate student and dealing with sexual violence.
- The Economist notes that the actions of St. Louis Police Officers show how NOT to quell unrest.
- Mia Mckenzie of Black Girl Dangerous reminds us not to get distracted when a black person gets murdered by the police.
- Renisha McBride’s family has filed a $10 million wrongful death lawsuit over her shooting.
- Propublica has a disappointing piece on that fact that while gun shootings may change lives, they don’t do much for tightening gun laws.
- Lauryn Hill shares a song about the “Black Rage” felt for Ferguson.
- Ferguson schools delayed opening for fear of violence, but kids are still getting their free lunches, thanks to teachers and volunteers.
- We might soon have our very first Black female governor, if Donna Christensen has her way.
- And Meghan Murphy at Feminist Current lays out the truth on why teenage girls are having anal sex. (hint: it’s not for pleasure)